Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ranch Burgers and Garlic Fries


Tonight's dinner is brought to you by Wildtree! I made Turkey Ranch Burgers, Texas Corn Bread and Garlic Fries!   

Although this meal made lots of dishes to wash it was quite easy to prepare! First I made the Wildtree Texas Corn Bread, which was very fortunate since we had no buns....or bread. Then I mixed local ground turkey with a Wildtree Creamy Ranch packet. The real kicker here was the bread crumbs I also added. After the Expo on Saturday I had a TON of left over Beer Bread that I made into garlic croutons. I put a handful in the blender and made them bread crumbs for the burger. I cooked the burgers on the stove top, but I also put the lid on the pan which steamed them up. They were the best tasting and moist turkey burgers I've ever had! 


For a side dish I sliced up some potatoes and tossed them in the Garlic Grapeseed Oil and salt then baked them at 425 for 25-30 minutes. 


 I added Veganaise on the side. I know we don't eat totally vegan anymore, but one you go veganiase you never go back. Plus I love the way it tastes and it makes a good dip for fries. 


What an awesome dinner! 

While I worked diligently all day, my assistant kept our bed toasty warm! 


Isn't he the cutest thing ever?!?!



Since I worked outside of the house all day I rewarded myself with watching Ellen at 4. While I laughed my behind off (not literally my behind is still the same size), I did a Tone It Up workout. I really enjoyed this workout.

Lean Abs Pyramid!!! 

10 Standing Knee Raises
20 Tummy Tucks
30 Second Plank Jacks (on your hands in a plan, jack your legs out & in)
40 Crunches
50 bicycle crunches!!
40 Crunches
30 Second Plank Jacks (on your hands in a plan, jack your legs out & in)
20 Tummy Tucks
10 Standing Knee Raises

Lean Arms Pyramid!!
10 Push-ups (can be on knees!)
20 Dips (on edge of chair or bench)
30 Bicep Curls (light weights or water bottles)
40 Seconds Plank on hands
40 Seconds Plank on hands
30 Bicep Curls (light weights or water bottles)
20 Dips (on edge of chair or bench)
10 Push-ups (can be on knees!)
LEAN-LEGS Pyramid!! 
20 Squats
30 Lunges
40 Toe touches (head forward, legs straight, bend down & touch your toes)
50  Second wall sit!!  (sit up against a wall, legs at 90 degrees and hold it!)
100 Seconds jumping jacks
50 Second wall sit!!
40 Toe touches
30 Lunges
20 Squats




Tonight Justin has to go back to work for a meeting from 8-10. So I am currently dreaming of Easter Candy while watching Grownups.....and cuddling with my Ridley! 

6 comments:

  1. That's what you get for eating the Easter Candy in the store before you paid for it :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I have totally done these workouts to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using cornbread for the burger "bun" is such a great idea--never thought of doing that but I will now!
    Great workout too!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum that looks way good and I am going to have to try the ab pyramid. Ouch!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely ADORE your use of cornbread for a burger bun. That is incredible!

    I've never heard of Wildtree before, but I'm definitely intrigued. Gonna have to check it out a little bit more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dinner looks really delicious! We had turkey burgers tonight too!

    ReplyDelete


Munchkin Land Designs Image from iStock

Welcome!

My name is Chelsea and I am 25 (nearly 26 year old) housewife/Wildtree Independent Direct Sales Rep. This blog follows my hubby and I as we set up a new home in Bozeman, MT where we don't know a soul, healthy living, exercise, food (usually Wildtree) and life with the worlds most stubborn chocolate lab. I love sweets and veggies and I am constantly learning how to balance the two!

Our Son Ridley

Our Son Ridley

My Wildtree Shop

I am a direct sales rep for a fabulous company called Wildtree! Wildtree sells a natural food products as wells as grapeseed oils. Every Wildtree product is natural, containing no additives, MSG or food dyes. For more information please email me cjraynes (at) gmail.com!

Followers

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.