Monday, April 11, 2011

Body Pump

Today is sunny and warm! It's fantastic, we even have our windows open with the breeze coming through! Montana's weather is weirder than Virginia's. When they claim snow or rain it always ends up being sunny and warm. Yesterday its was suppose to be sunny and warm and we woke up to snow. I think its because of the mountain range. 

This morning when I woke up our bedroom was a sauna. I was ready to pop out of bed! I decided to head to the gym for a Body Pump class. I normally like to weight train on my own however, my motivation to lift has been zero. I enjoyed the class, but I like to really get my heart rate up when I lift, like mixing in bursts of cardio. I also don't like to dilly dally. I think the instructor was nice, but I think her side job must be stand up comedy and she wanted to make us laugh. She also looked exactly like Kim Cattrall....like exactly like her. Only with pig tails, it took me off guard. I think I will try a few different instructors before I just give up on Body Pump. 


Another thing that always seems to take me off guard, is the Montana accent. I don't think I will ever get use to it. 

Once I got home from the gym, the warm weather was calling my name so I headed out for a run. I'm not going to lie, running at this altitude has been a challenge for me. Even riding my bike hasn't been easy. My run today though was AWESOME! 4.35 miles in 40 minutes of pure bliss. 

After my run I refreshed myself with a green monster smoothie!


I drank it out of my Windham Mountain East Coast Nationals cup to remind myself that I was once an awesome mountain biker. I took second at that race back in 2008. Here is a picture from that race. 



In my green monster today was: frozen orange slices, frozen peach slices, 1/2 frozen banana, spinach and protein powder. Nice and citrusy!! 

The weather is just to awesome to miss today, so shortly Ridley and I are going to head out for a photo shoot. Currently I have Hearty Good Morning Granola Mix  in the oven and it smells delicious! 

1 comment:

  1. The gym I go to has a knock-off Body Pump class. I tried it, but it was pretty slow-paced. I might have to give it another shot before I decide. Your smoothie sounds good!

    ReplyDelete


Munchkin Land Designs Image from iStock

Welcome!

My name is Chelsea and I am 25 (nearly 26 year old) housewife/Wildtree Independent Direct Sales Rep. This blog follows my hubby and I as we set up a new home in Bozeman, MT where we don't know a soul, healthy living, exercise, food (usually Wildtree) and life with the worlds most stubborn chocolate lab. I love sweets and veggies and I am constantly learning how to balance the two!

Our Son Ridley

Our Son Ridley

My Wildtree Shop

I am a direct sales rep for a fabulous company called Wildtree! Wildtree sells a natural food products as wells as grapeseed oils. Every Wildtree product is natural, containing no additives, MSG or food dyes. For more information please email me cjraynes (at) gmail.com!

Followers

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.