Monday, April 11, 2011

Granola and Ranch

Today really has been such a treat weather wise, unfortunately icky weather is pushing out the warm sunny weather! 

Today I decided to make Wildtree's Hearty Morning Granola Mix.  Now, I'm not going to lie. When I first broke into the mix a month ago I was not impressed. Today when I broke into I realized it was because it actually required mixing it with some other ingredients as well as baking it. So, yes I originally ate it raw, and yes I'm a blond. 



So once I read the directions, I decided not to follow them. Mainly, because I didn't have any of the required ingredients. So like always, I improvised.



I used 1 Tablespoon of Earth Balance, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla, 1 TBSP of Almond Butter, 1 TBSP of chia seeds, and 1 TBSP of honey. I heated that over the stove and when it was all blended I added 1/2 the granola mix and stirred. Then I baked it in a 350 degree over for 20 minutes, stirring at the 10 minute mark. 


The one thing you may notice I didn't add was dried fruit. I don't really favor dry fruit and would rather add fresh fruit at the time of serving. It really is delicious! I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow.....obviously, since I broke right into it. 

Since it was such an awesome day I took the pups out for a drive to take some pictures. The one thing I didn't think about when I moved to Montana was all the ranches. Outside of town is almost all ranch land. I recently told Justin I really feel the urge to become a rancher, he has zero interest. 


Even though it was warm and sunny, south of town gets a lot more snow and that's were I drove to. 



I bet when Montana thaws its frozen tundra, it will be beautiful. 


If you look real hard, you will see our trees are still nekid. Very, very nekid! 



Hey there heifer! Wait...you talking to me???


I love old run down barns and houses, and there are so many 'round these parts. 



This was the most beautiful horse I have ever seen. His buddy was lying on the ground, and for real thought it was dead. I yelled hey horsey-horsey and he got right up. What a relief! 



Well I hope your Monday was as awesome as mine! I have some really neat pictures to share tomorrow! You all know I'll be parked in front of the TV watching DWTS!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Munchkin Land Designs Image from iStock

Welcome!

My name is Chelsea and I am 25 (nearly 26 year old) housewife/Wildtree Independent Direct Sales Rep. This blog follows my hubby and I as we set up a new home in Bozeman, MT where we don't know a soul, healthy living, exercise, food (usually Wildtree) and life with the worlds most stubborn chocolate lab. I love sweets and veggies and I am constantly learning how to balance the two!

Our Son Ridley

Our Son Ridley

My Wildtree Shop

I am a direct sales rep for a fabulous company called Wildtree! Wildtree sells a natural food products as wells as grapeseed oils. Every Wildtree product is natural, containing no additives, MSG or food dyes. For more information please email me cjraynes (at) gmail.com!

Followers

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.