Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Corn Chowda and Beer Bread

Luckily, last night was much more uneventful than the night before! I was able to get a full nights sleep without interruption of crazy bad guys with guns. I did have plans to the gym early for a body pump class, but it didn't happen. I did however roll in there around noon for 45 minutes of HIIT cardio on this machine.

It's a pretty cool elliptical, the foot area rises up and down so its like you're climbing, plus there are levels to make it harder. I also did a 30 minute kettle bell routine, which was a mixture of what I have learned from taking kettle bell classes in Virginia and Vanessa Hudgen's workout in Shape Magazine. The kettle bell routine work out ended 15 minutes early since it was 1:30 and I was STARVING!! 



It was a great workout and I left the gym pretty schweaty!!


Last night I made Wildtree's Corn Chowda. It was pretty easy to make, but I added a few extra things to bulk it up. 



It calls for 4 cups of chicken stock, but one of my favorite Wildtree products is Vegetable Bouillon Soup Base. It is a great kitchen staple to always have...I don't know how many recipes call for stock and I never use to have it, but now I always do! 



The recipes also called for cream of corn, but I have an issue with that, co I used organic frozen corn, plus I added chopped broccoli and I cut up some sweet potato too. 


I also baked some Flax Seed Beer Bread. I made it with a bottle of Shock Top. Beer Bread is super easy to make and it is absolutely delicious and moist. As soon as it came out of the oven I took a sliver off. This quickly became an issue since I was going to give it away as a sample. 


So I cut the entire loaf up into slices, I just hope no one notices there is only one butt.....


Once the soup was done simmering I added a dollop of plain greek yogurt, and some cilantro. 


The soup wasn't super chowdery, because I used almond milk instead of heavy cream....but my tummy thanked for using almond milk :)


I also made a fantastic east dessert least night that I will share tomorrow. It is pretty low calorie and low in sugar. 

Another thing...I am beginning to have a little problem with Ridley. Don't get me wrong I love him with all my heart, but he will not leave my side and refuses to let me leave the apartment without him....he literally pushes past so he can come. When I go to the gym or run errands he just hangs out in the car, but I think he has separation anxiety. If I sit on the couch he sits at my feet, if I sit at my desk he sits behind my chair, he sits on my feet while I am in the kitchen and he lays on the bath mat while use the restroom. I know he loves his mama, but I cant even pick Justin up from work without leaving him at home. I just don't know what to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Munchkin Land Designs Image from iStock

Welcome!

My name is Chelsea and I am 25 (nearly 26 year old) housewife/Wildtree Independent Direct Sales Rep. This blog follows my hubby and I as we set up a new home in Bozeman, MT where we don't know a soul, healthy living, exercise, food (usually Wildtree) and life with the worlds most stubborn chocolate lab. I love sweets and veggies and I am constantly learning how to balance the two!

Our Son Ridley

Our Son Ridley

My Wildtree Shop

I am a direct sales rep for a fabulous company called Wildtree! Wildtree sells a natural food products as wells as grapeseed oils. Every Wildtree product is natural, containing no additives, MSG or food dyes. For more information please email me cjraynes (at) gmail.com!

Followers

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.