Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Peaches and Cream Oatmeal

Good Morning! Today is bright and sunny and it's going to reach 70 degrees here in Montana! I am overly excited....but I'm sure we haven't seen the last of the snow. 

Last night I went to bed thinking about breakfast. You see, we are out of Almond Butter which is a staple in all my breakfasts, we are also out of fresh fruit, honey, cottage cheese and nuts....basically my entire normal breakfast. So while I was falling asleep I concocted a breakfast like Angela's (at Oh She Glows) oatmeal/banana soft serve parfaits. 


I used frozen peaches and almond milk to make a soft serve and layered it with oats mixed with greek yogurt for extra protein. I also topped it with chia seeds and pinch of brown sugar (to make up for the lack of honey).


On a side note, these are the ugliest pictures but it was super delicious! It reminded me of the peaches n' cream instant oatmeal I use to eat as kid, only without the freeze dried peaches. 



This week Bozeman is hosting the Montana Special Olympics. I think I'll stop by today and catch an event or two. I also have a road riding date with Justin at 6........here's to sunny happy weather!!

I also spent sometime yesterday making a goals page so check it out! 


1 comment:

  1. if the pictures aren't great, at least your description is still droolworthy! this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete


Munchkin Land Designs Image from iStock

Welcome!

My name is Chelsea and I am 25 (nearly 26 year old) housewife/Wildtree Independent Direct Sales Rep. This blog follows my hubby and I as we set up a new home in Bozeman, MT where we don't know a soul, healthy living, exercise, food (usually Wildtree) and life with the worlds most stubborn chocolate lab. I love sweets and veggies and I am constantly learning how to balance the two!

Our Son Ridley

Our Son Ridley

My Wildtree Shop

I am a direct sales rep for a fabulous company called Wildtree! Wildtree sells a natural food products as wells as grapeseed oils. Every Wildtree product is natural, containing no additives, MSG or food dyes. For more information please email me cjraynes (at) gmail.com!

Followers

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.