Friday, March 4, 2011

Traveling

Early Tuesday morning March 1st Justin, Ridley and I drove out of Toano, VA heading west, to set out on our new adventure in life. It took a little bit longer than expected since Ridley was sick with a cough and was restless in the car (more on that another time). We passed through Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming and finally to Montana. The trip was long and full of farm land.....




And yes....I actually captured a dog going number 2.....

Most days were pretty uneventful, except every time we stopped for gas I had mini panic attacks followed by several hours of drooling and gazing onto space. By the time we needed gas again I would barely be back to normal. By our second day of driving we were in the coldest temperatures known to man. So cold my nostrils would freeze shut. Justin spent the most time outside since I forced him to pump gas, walk Ridley, and get out and pee for me.

Everyday we witnessed beautiful sunsets and sunrises. Seeing how the speed limit was 75 mph and I am sure Justin was traveling at 80 it was hard to capture perfect pictures, but I did my best.



Once we hit Wyoming on the third day of driving the scenery changed from farm land to farm land in the mountains. We drove through Wyoming for about 20 minutes till we hit Montana! We were on such a high just seeing the Montana sign....until we realized we had another 5 hours of driving. 


The mountains were beautiful, except for the crazy roads and that silly 75 mph speed limit. Once we hit Montana we went through several Indian Reservations, which were really neat to see. 






We also saw Mule Deer, Antelope, Cows, Coyote, White Tail Deer, Wild Horses and all types of birds. I only actually caught an Antelope on camera.

Luckily we saw no dancing or prancing deer....

Our car was totally packed to the brim, plus we had four bikes on the back....but our new whip still can go from zero to sixty in 3.5.


Unfortunately all of our belongings broke down some where east of the Mississippi, so spent the first night (and the second) on the floor camping style.  All the lease signing, electricity and cable set up went very smoothly. I even have been able to make a few mini meals with plastic utensils and a $4 pizza pan from Wal Mart. 

I will be posting pictures of the apartment and our fabulous view later today!

With Love From MONTANA!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment


Munchkin Land Designs Image from iStock

Welcome!

My name is Chelsea and I am 25 (nearly 26 year old) housewife/Wildtree Independent Direct Sales Rep. This blog follows my hubby and I as we set up a new home in Bozeman, MT where we don't know a soul, healthy living, exercise, food (usually Wildtree) and life with the worlds most stubborn chocolate lab. I love sweets and veggies and I am constantly learning how to balance the two!

Our Son Ridley

Our Son Ridley

My Wildtree Shop

I am a direct sales rep for a fabulous company called Wildtree! Wildtree sells a natural food products as wells as grapeseed oils. Every Wildtree product is natural, containing no additives, MSG or food dyes. For more information please email me cjraynes (at) gmail.com!

Followers

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.